DMA does its best in fulfils the commitment of promoting and sprouting a zeal for Kerala’s art and culture. To promote these activities various inter area / zone wise competitions of dance, music, painting etc are conducted frequently.
- We provide financial help to the poor and the needy during their emergency life which includes heavy expense hospitalization and / or sudden demise in their family etc.
- DMA has contributed generously at the National and International levels with its donation to combat natural calamities through fund raising activities.
- Individuals, on certain need-based manner, are helped with woolen clothes, spectacles and other life supporting systems by DMA
- DMA organizes awareness camps on socially relevant issues, and other consumer quality related aspects like healthcare.
- DMA holds classes in Beauty Culture, tailoring and embroidery, remedial tuitions regularly, in association with YWCA, New Delhi, in office premises at Kalkaji area.
- To deal with emergency health situations, blood donation volunteers are available from among the DMA family.
Art & Culture
- Organize Drama festivals, music concerts, folk dance festivals, literary symposium held annually.
- Conducts inter and intra area competitions in art forms like dance, music, painting, literary fields, etc.
- Organizes cultural programs (area wise and centralized) on occasions of celebrations like Onam, Christmas-New Year, Republic Day and Independence Day.
- Regular classes for music and dance are conducted in all areas of DMA.
- A Mega Cultural event `Delhi Malayalee Samgamam 2004’, was held at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, in collaboration with Kairali TV Channel. About 100 film stars, Singers and Artists including Super stars Mammooty, Mohanlal, Shobana, Sukumari and many many prominences had participated. A record audience of more than 50,000 was present. Witnessing the crowd Mammooty, commented it as the largest gathering of Malayalees outside Kerala, anywhere in the world.
- A mega Music Programme by Padmasri K.J. Yesudas was conducted at Indira Gandhi International Indoor Auditorium.
Education & Language Promotion
- DMA organizes classes for Personality Development, improving general knowledge, counseling for students appearing in board exams.
- DMA has established `Malayalam’ learning centers in all branches, for teaching Malayalam under the scheme `Malayala Bhasha Padana Kendram’ instituted by Government of Kerala.
- DMA provides educational expenses (like fees, stationery, uniform, conveyance) to selected needy children of the lower strata of society.
- DMA distributes awards to children for their academic excellence in XII standard.
Promotion of Healthcare
There are many people who are often unable to seek medical help. DMA tries to provide medical help for those people who cannot meet the expense of going to good hospitals. There are several marginalized people who do not get emergency treatment in the golden hour.
- Free blood donation camps
- Medical check-up camps
- Eye check-up camps
- Free vaccination for ‘Hepatitis’ and many more
Library & Reading Room by DMA
DMA maintains a well-stocked Library consisting of books and periodicals from Malayalam, Hindi and English languages in its library at the Head Quarter at RK Puram Area. DMA’s library is entitled as ‘Madhavankutty Memorial Library’ in the memory to the services devoted by late Sh. Madhavankutty, a famous journalist of Delhi and philanthropist. The peaceful environment helps the reader to get lost in the world of literature and seeks to promote the world of innovation and imagination.
Sports & Games
Various sports / games are regularly conducted by DMA and the winners are befittingly rewarded to encourage and spot the talent.
Annual / periodical sports competitions are arranged on area and inter-Area basis.
Annual Educational scholarship
Education is important and there are many brilliant students who need support. These students have capability to do well in life and achieve more. We provide annual education scholarship to ensure their education continues seamlessly.